1. The Challenges for Policing in the 21st Century – what is the role of the police and what is expected of the police?
2. How to deliver the workforce to best equip the police to cut crime and increase public confidence
3. The police’s relationship with the wider criminal justice system and the agencies of the state
4. Governance and accountability – how to ensure the police are both held to account but unencumbered by bureaucracy
5. Striking the right balance between the need for the police service to meet both local and national priorities, and the national structures to support that effort
6. Management of resources and the efficiencies to be found to get the most out of police spending